Register now for this FREE Online Training Workshop on 23 June 2022 from 10:00 - 12:00 (GMT). Please sign up via Eventbrite.
What is the workshop about?
What is the circular economy and how can it be adopted in housing development and construction? How can up-cycling, reducing waste and choosing sustainable building materials reduce your embodied carbon footprint? What are the policy challenges and practical barriers for your organisation on the road to net zero?
How has sustainable social housing pioneer GreenSquareAccord adopted circular housing principles in the design and construction of 12 virtually plastic free homes in Redditch town centre and in a new co-operative circular housing development in Stirchley?
What are short, medium and long-term strategic and practical steps you can take to embed and take advantage of circular economic approaches? Who are key organisations to work with and how can they help?
The workshop includes:
- Introduction to CHARM (Circular Housing Asset and Renovation Management) with TU Delft.
- The net zero housing policy context in the UK with Dr Halima Sacranie, Housing and Communities Research Group, University of Birmingham.
- Learning from circular housing developments in practice with Carl Taylor, Assistant Director of New Business, Green Square Accord.
- A number of breakout interactive sessions with smaller groups of 6-8 participants and workshop co-ordinators around structured tasks.
- A take-away of resources from the workshop discussions, additional reference material and network details.
To register for this FREE Online Training Workshop please sign up via Eventbrite. (We kindly request not to register more than 2 people from one organisation to allow for wider participation.)
For any queries and more information please contact Mary Doria on Mary.Doria@greensquareaccord.co.uk.