Supporting sustainable local economy in North-West Europe
Final Conference | Climate Active Neighbourhoods
The Climate Active Neighbourhoods project, supported by the INTERREG North-West Europe program and Wallonia for Liège's component, aims to develop and implement innovative activation approaches for energy retrofits in Northwest European neighbourhoods.
In its capitalisation phase, the CAN project focuses on SMEs with the help of a strong partnership bringing together European Cities and Energy Agencies, around the international "Climate Alliance" network, in order to test intervention methods and innovative field practices.
Through presentations and testimonies, our partners will share their experiences with the participants, political decision-makers, public officials and, of course, with representatives of the economic sector and their federations.
March 1st 2023 – From 10 am until 4pm. Welcome starts at 9:30 am
Salle académique de l’Université de Liège
Place du XX Août, 7-9
09:30 – Welcome Coffee
10:00 – Introductive Presentations
- Low-Carbon Economy: From European objectives to local actions, Marc Schlitz, Ville de Liège
- Presentation of Climate Active Neighbourhoods, Climate Alliance
- Benefits of transnational cooperation, Thierry Noville, Contact Point Belgium of INTERREG North-West Europe
11:00 – Table Talk 1 : How can public authorities support SMEs in their just and sustainable transition?
Awareness raising activities and adapted communication
- Strategies and experiences in fighting against energy poverty for businesses and employees, Brest Métropole (FR)
- Entreprendre Durable, the new platform of Ville de Liège (BE)
Round Table discussion, Moderation Whitney Bader, Ville de Liège
Panelists: Brest Métropole, Wallonie Entreprendre, Ville de Liège
12:30 – Lunch Break
14:00 – Table Talk 2 : Choose the right incentives for carbon mitigation.
Offering professional support to small businesses
- Free energy audits for SMEs, the case of South East Energy Agency (IE)
- The Energy Caravan for SMEs and associations in the City of Worms (DE)
Round Table discussion, Moderation Birgit Haupter, Infrastruktur & Umwelt
Panelists: Citoy of Worms, South East Energy Agency, City of Arnhem
15:30 – Networking & Closing Drink
17:00 – Closing
The conference will be held in English and French with simultaneous translation.
Please register before February 24th (Mandatory Registration)! See link below.