IPM trials are coming to an end and data is being gathered to establish the best IPM strategy(ies) !
Some key points indluded :
- A thorough wet cleaning during the empty period is essential to start a new flock with a mite population as low as possible
- Monitoring mites is useful to detect early the rising of mite populations and decide when to treat
- Treatments need to be applied :
- In the whole barn to be effective !
- Not too late (before population rises too much)
More information to come in the IPM guides that are curretly being written !