OPIN Annual Symposium 2021 will be held online on September 23rd, 2021, in Nantes, France and is co-organized by WEAMEC.
OPIN Annual Symposium will provide an update on OPIN’s goals and the different supports available, a brainstorming session on the long-term network sustainability, and a networking opportunity with OPIN members.
This event will coincide with SEANERGY 2021, to be held in Nantes between September 21st and 24th.
Symposium agenda (CEST)*:
- 13:45-14:00 Welcome coffee
- 14:00-14:20 OPIN Project Introduction
- 14:20-14:40 Focus on the Technology Assessment Process (TAP)
A Technology Assessment Process (TAP) is an independent assessment of the offshore renewable technology/service developed by a SME by a panel of OPIN experts.
- TAP introduction
- Feedback from a SME that received a TAP and follow-on support
- How to get involved in a future TAP ?
- 14:40-15:00 Focus on the Collaborative Innovation Groups (CIG)
Collaborative Innovation Groups (CIG) are OPIN working groups made of SMEs, working with research entities or large companies to solve problems identified as barriers to the offshore energy sector.
- CIG introduction
- Example of an OPIN-led CIG on Corrosion Monitoring
- How to get involved in a future CIG ?
- 15:00-15:30 Long term – how to develop a sustainable network
An overview of the research and analysis undertaken to ensure the legacy of the OPIN project, highlighting the following:
- Members’ opinions about OPIN
- How other initiatives support innovation
- A SWOT analysis for OPIN
- Strategic options and recommendations for a future OPIN
- 15:30-15:45 Question and Answers
- 15:45-17:00 Networking cocktail (depending on COVID situation)
Attending the OPIN Annual Symposium is free.
This event is open to OPIN members. If your organisation is not listed here, please fill out the following Membership Form. OPIN registration is quick, free and gives access to an international network of more than 400 members and activities dedicated to offshore renewable energy.
*may be subject to changes; please follow our website for further updates on the agenda