As part of the OPIN project, WEAMEC will organise a masterclass on Dynamic Cables on 15th & 16th March 2022.
This training will provide developers, operators and technology providers with a background knowledge in dynamic cables for offshore renewable floating farms (wind, wave, tidal).
The masterclass content will support the attendees to choose and design adapted dynamic cables from a techno-economic standpoint, but also control the installation requirements and maintenance of these systems.
This event will be held online (Zoom) and in English.
The training will be held during two half-days, on the mornings of 15th & 16th March 2022.
15/03/22 (AM, CET)
- 8:45-9:15 Introduction – WEAMEC
Welcome and Participants introduction
Ocean Power Innovation Network (OPIN) introduction
- 9:15-10:15 Dynamic cables introduction, challenges and R&D (part 1/2) – Innosea
- 10:15-10:30 Break
- 10:30-11:15 Dynamic cables introduction, challenges and R&D (part 2/2) – Innosea
- 11:15-11:30 Q&A
- 11:30-12:15 Collaborative projects and cable fatigue test rig – ORE Catapult
- 12:15-12:30 Q&A
16/03/22 (AM, CET)
- 8:30-8:45 Welcome & participants introduction
- 8:45-10:30 Components: manufacturing, qualification, installation – Nexans
- 10:30-10:45 Q&A
- 10:45-11:00 Break
- 11:00-11:45 Monitoring: Industrial state of the art – Kraken Subsea Solutions
- 11:45-12:00 Q&A
- 12:00-12:45 Offshore test site feedback – Centrale Nantes/SEM-REV
- 12:45-13:00 Q&A
- 13:00-13:15 Conclusion & satisfaction survey
Masterclass attendance is free, under the following conditions:
- Please fill out the registration form available on WEAMEC website (link below)
- Priority is given to Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs)
- Attendees should be OPIN members. If your organisation is not listed here, please fill out the following Membership Form. OPIN registration is quick, free and gives access to an international network of more than 450 members and activities dedicated to offshore renewable energy.
- max 2 pers. from the same organisation. The organisation team reserves the right to limit to 1 person per organization depending on the number of registrations.
- The total number of attendees will be limited to 20 people.