The masterclass content will support the attendees to choose and design adapted mooring systems from a techno-economic standpoint, but also control the installation requirements and maintenance of these systems.
This event will be held online (Zoom) and in English.
The training will be held during two half-days, on the mornings of 30th June & 1st July 2021.
30/06/21 (AM, CEST)
- 8:45-9:00 Welcome
- 9:00-9:30 Introduction – WEAMEC
- Participants introduction
- Ocean Power Innovation Network (OPIN) introduction
- 9:30-10:45 Mooring introduction, challenges and R&D (part 1/2) – Innosea
- Mooring system role / floating platform architecture
- Design specifications & mooring design process
- Main components
- Design environmental conditions
- Design drivers & offshore environment
- Offshore oil & gas design practices and MRE specificities
- Installation overview
- Main interfaces
- Industrial examples
- R&D (Peak loads reduction, new materials, mutualisation, etc.)
- 10:45-11:00 Break
- 11:00-12:15 Mooring introduction, challenges and R&D (part 2/2) – Innosea
- 12:15-12:45 Q&A
- 12:45-13:15 Virtual visit of the ocean tanks – Centrale Nantes/LHEEA
01/07/21 (AM, CEST)
- 8:45-9:00 Welcome & participants introduction
- 9:00-10:45 Mooring components – Vryhof
- Rules / Certification Bodies
- Components of mooring lines
- Anchoring points
- Production follow-up
- Failure risks and causes
- Interfaces Management
- 10:45-11:00 Q&A
- 11:00-11:15 Break
- 11:15-12:15 Installation – Centrale Nantes/SEM-REV
- SEM-REV Test site
- Feedback from SEM-REV projects (floating offshore wind turbine and wave energy converter)
- Installation perspectives
- 12:15-12:30 Q&A
- 12:30-12:45 Conclusion & satisfaction survey
Masterclass attendance is free, under the following conditions:
- Please fill out the registration form available below
- Attendees should belong to Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs)
- Attendees should be OPIN members. If your organisation is not listed here, please fill out the following Membership Form. OPIN registration is quick, free and gives access to an international network of more than 400 members and activities dedicated to offshore renewable energy.
- max 2 pers. from the same organisation. The organisation team reserves the right to limit to 1 person per organization depending on the number of registrations.
The total number of attendees will be limited to 20 people.