The ValuSect consortium launches today its call for interest for the insects for feed sector. SMEs located in North-West Europe can apply for a voucher worth up to €40k in services provided by ValuSect partners. In total, €300.000 are available to help the development of the sector.
Insects are a sustainable source of protein which can be fed to many animal species: fish, poultry, pigs, dogs, reptiles… The ValuSect project aims at supporting the development of this growing sector, by transferring its knowledge to SMEs, a.o through this vouchers call.
SMEs in the insects for feed sector developing an innovative idea in a technological, food development, marketing, communication and/or strategic area, can now submit their application to receive a voucher. The consortium proposes various services to help SMEs, such as establishing a comprehensive lipid and fatty acid profiling of a product, researching market opportunities or testing different side streams as a feed for insects. Once a SME is chosen, it will get support from one or more of ValuSect’s partners to develop the submitted innovative idea.
What are the criteria to apply?
- To be a SMEdeveloping insects for feed products
- Located in North-West Europe (see country list here)
- To present an innovative idea for the development of the insect-based feed sector.
- Activities related to four insect species only are supported: grasshoppers, crickets, mealworms and black soldier flies (Locusta migratoria, Acheta domesticus, Tenebrio molitor and Hermetia illucens). Other species will not be accepted, because they are out of the scope of the project.
How to apply?
- Go to the page "Voucher call feed" on our website: https://www.nweurope.eu/projects/project-search/valusect/#tab-7
- Fill in the application form by providing general information about your company and your innovative idea in the insects as feed sector
- Fill in the SME declaration form and the De minimis self declaration
- Send these 3 documents by 21 February 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org
The ValuSect consortium will send its answer to all applicants by the end of April 2022.
The list of services, the application form, and the explanations on the vouchers selection are available on the page "Voucher call feed".
If you would like to read our press release in French, click here.
If you would like to read our press release in Dutch, click here.