Working together through sharing with the SWWIM challenge Read More
BE-GOOD: Open Data for a smarter society
Data is becoming more and more a major asset of the future knowledge economy. In this context the Interreg VB NWE project BE-GOOD (Building an Ecosystem to Generate Opportunities in Open Data) was developed to generate value from and stimulate sustainable ecosystems for open data in regions in North–West Europe.
BE-GOOD is a pioneering project aiming to unlock, re-use and extract value from Public Sector Information (PSI) to develop data driven services in the area of infrastructure and environment. The market potential to re-use PSI, such as geospatial data, is significant. Currently, the market for PSI-based services is limited as innovators face the following major barriers:
- Lack of public body experience with the publication of PSI, limiting the availability of data
- Limited attention to commercial potential of data, limiting the relevance of data
- Shortage of links between PSI initiatives and SME solution providers, limiting market uptake
BE-GOOD will deliver 11 pilots to extract commercial value from PSI. This is estimated at € 50 million and will also contribute to delivering 15% to 20% reduction of cost that big data is expected to enable. The project uses a novel demand driven approach, starting with public service delivery challenges across North West Europe.
By unlocking datasets and better engaging with the marketplace, the development of applications, software or algorithms for traffic management, air and water quality monitoring and infrastructure maintenance planning will be made possible.
Discover our 11 innovative solutions:
- Data 4 Organisational change
- Safer Roads
- Discovery of Natural Heritage
- Smart Waste Water Information Management (SWWIM)
- Predictive Maintenance of Roads
- Rate My Transport Service
- Continuity of traffic flow
- HGV Permit Checker
- Energy Efficient Infrastructures
- Cleanest Air Route
- Wastewater Tracing
To make sure these project objectives will be achieved, a number of work packages has been created. WP T1 methodology: open data sharing and innovation networks has the aim to develop a toolbox and transnational methods which will allow the release of data, use of data and engage with solution providers in adressing the 10 challenges provided in WP T2 challenges: developing novel PSI-driven services.
The objective of WP T3 implementation of prototypes in an operational context is to test 5 selected prototype solutions provided in WP T2 in operational environments. The aim is to further those challenges for which succesful prototypes were delivered, to real life implementation.
WP LT, which focusses on the long term development of the project, aims at supporting enterprises with a wider uptake of the validated innovative PSI driven services they have delivered during BE-GOOD.
WP communication develops communication tools such as videos, newletters and blogs to communicate the objectives, results and benefits of this project.
In the capitalisation workpackage we will push our results one step further. 6 of the BE-GOOD solutions will be replicated and implemented either in new geographical regions, in new economic sectors and by new target groups.
Vlaamse Milieumaatschappij - VMM
24-26 Dokter De Moorstraat
5 Espace St Marc, place du 6 juin 1944
BP 95801, 45058 cedex 01
Département du Loiret
15 Rue Eugène VIGNAT
Comhairle Cathrach Bhaile Átha Cliath
Block 3 Floor 4 Civic Offices, Wood Quay
Glasgow City Council
1 Glasgow, City Council, City Chambers
Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology
5 avenue des Hauts-Fourneaux
Hoogheemraadschap van Delfland
Ministerie van Infrastructuur & Waterstaat - Rijkswaterstaat
34 Lange Kleiweg
|Ministerie van Infrastructuur & Waterstaat - Rijkswaterstaat||
34 Lange Kleiweg
|Vlaamse Milieumaatschappij - VMM||Stevie Swenneemail@example.com||Belgium|
|Orléans Métropole||Vanda Turczifirstname.lastname@example.org||France|
|Département du Loiret||Sandrine Gerardemail@example.com||France|
|Comhairle Cathrach Bhaile Átha Cliath||Brendan O’Brienfirstname.lastname@example.org||Ireland|
|Glasgow City Council||James Arnottemail@example.com||United Kingdom|
|Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology||Slim Turkifirstname.lastname@example.org||Luxembourg|
|Hoogheemraadschap van Delfland||Rob Ammerlaanemail@example.com||Netherlands|
Last week, our BE-GOOD project participated in the Interreg NEW ‘Making an impact’ event Read More
On November 5th, the BE-GOOD project introduced the exciting results of the ‘HGV Permit Checker’ and the ‘Rate My Service’ challenges during the roadshow in Dublin Read More
How the idea behind HydroNet inspires VMM Read More
From 9 till 11 October, Dublin Castle hosted over 500 transport practitioners and researchers from all over Europe Read More
Sit back, relax and read our 4th BE-GOOD newsletter! Read More
Finding the healthiest route planner Read More
BE-GOOD update: December 2018 Read More
In the progress of the ambitious challenges that were established by the eight partners of the BE-GOOD project, we are getting closer to achieve the objective to unlock and re-use public sector information in an innovative way. Read More
Département du Loiret (France) launching a call for tender for the development of a prototype data hosting platformPosted on
Département du Loiret (France) has launched a call for tender for the development of a prototype data hosting platform with data science services. Read More
The Flanders Environment Agency (VMM) would like to invite you to the VMM roadshow on September 25th in Leuven, Belgium. During this event you will discover two challenges of the Interreg North West Europe project BE-GOOD: Waste Water Tracing Challenge (VMM) and the Cleanest Air Route (Irceline).
1st workshop on Open Data reuse: addressing mobility and transport issues in Luxembourg
From 5-8 March 2018, Delfland Water Authority is hosting more than 40 participants for the Mid-Term event of the Interreg NWE BE-GOOD project.
- Rijkswaterstaat: Volop kansen voor slimmer asfalteren
- Rijkswaterstaat: Duurzame sluizen en bruggen door voorspelbaar onderhoud
- Agconnect: RWS stimuleert mkb met big datalake
- Aquerama: Het Afvalwater volgen
- VMM nieuwsbrief: VMM host roadshow Europese BE-GOOD project
- Geosparc: Graph Tracing Engine ontwikkeld in kader van baanbrekend BEGOOD project
- Geosparc: AWIS Rioolinventaris is genomineerd voor de e-Gov Award
- Proeftuin Sluis Eefde
- The Irish Times: Dubliners can now use app to check if trucks have permit to drive in city
- Thejournal.ie: New app allows public to check if HGV vehicles have valid permit to be in Dublin city centre
- Press release Dublin City Council: Launch of HGV Permit Checker App
- The Eefde Locks Living Lab
- 19/09/2017 - Orléans metropole: Orléans hôte d'Interreg BE-GOOD
- 15/04/19 - Nexterité: Nextérité présente à Vivatech 2019!
- 03/05/19 - Nexterité: Venez tester nos applications!
- 07/06/19 - Nexterité: Roadshow BE-GOOD à Glasgow
- 09/03/2021 - Banque des Territoires: En croisant les données, le Loiret identifie les zones accidentogènes de son réseau routier